- Letter from the Editor
- From Town Hall
- Wanton Criminal Act Tarnishes Opening Day!
- New Babbage's First Town Meeting
- Undershaw Society Finds Home in New Babbage
- The Plot Register: Who's Who in NB?
- New Babbage Real-estate
- Mayor Creates New Steampunk Group!
- Wayward Children Flood Into New Babbage
- Events & Announcements
- Classified Advertisements
- Contact, Circulation, and other
- Essential Information for the Reader
LETTER FROM THE EDITOR
My dear fellow citizens of the young city of New Babbage, I introduce to you now a humble endeavor to exchange news and communications easily among our members. The New Babbage Cog endeavors to be a weekly periodical, but depending on the availability of news to report, it could be published irregularly for some time. A group has been created for the automatic distribution of this periodical, or it can be obtained from a paper box in
In your service,
Mrs. Junie Ginsburg
FROM TOWN HALL
"Industria Proficiscor In"
Rulebook for Visitors:
Here is the short list of rules for people just visiting the sim who do not own land. No one likes to pour over tons of text so this is the short version for everyone:
- This is an urban Victorian Steampunk Sim.
- Victorian dress and role play are OPTIONAL. Many of our members fade in and out of role play so no one will think anything about you if you wear modern clothes and talk normally.
- Please be open-minded and respect the right of everyone here to enjoy the sim. Trying to disrupt what is going on here by rezzing a modern weapon or vehicle, shooting everyone, pushing, talking to people for the sole purpose of trying to piss them off because you like to make fun of people who like Victorian things will not be tolerated and you may find yourself with a ban or worse.
- Asking questions is always allowed! The Steampunks are a group of builders, scripters, and texture artists and those wishing to learn these skills. We are always happy to share knowledge we have.
- Participation is always allowed even if you don't have any property here.You are more than welcome to "live" in our City even if you don't own land.We're available to claim for role play reasons, or if you just like to hang out and participate in the community. All are welcome and this isn't an exclusive group of landholders.
- weapons are allowed on a "common sense" basis. Role play does occur here, consensual weapon discharges are fine.However if anything gets out of hand you'll be asked to tone it down or stop.
- Enjoy shopping and exploring our City.
WANTON CRIMINAL ACT TARNISHES OPENING DAY!
Early in the day an impromptu walking tour of
NEW BABBAGE'S FIRST TOWN MEETING
UNDERSHAW SOCIETY FINDS HOME IN NEW BABBAGE
New Babbage is fortunate to count among its populace a writer of great renown: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. On
Ultimately, Doyle would like "to reproduce Undershaw and its grounds in Second Life as soon as possible and as accurately as possible." To those ends, he says that he will seek board members, corporate and private donors, and an army of volunteers to make this dream a reality." The Undershaw Restoration Society building and grounds, including a manicured croquet lawn, is available for community events.
THE PLOT REGISTER: WHO'S WHO IN NB?
Parcel No. New Owner/Business:
#2 - Mr. Jules Whittlesea -Wratchett and Clank's Shops
#3 - Miss Moss Weyland -Weyland's Smithy
#4 - Mr. Ambiant Kukulcan - Gremminger and Kukulcan Foundry
#5 - Mrs. Junie Ginsburg -
#6 - Miss Ordinal Malaprop -Ordinal Industries New Babbage Plant
#7 - Mr. Khashai Steinbeck - Steinbeck & Company
#8 - Mr. Desmond Shang - West Trade Imports LTD
#9 - Mr. Edward Pearse - Pearse on Babbage
#10- Master Loki Eliot - The Old Imperial Steampunk Theater of New Babbage
#12- Mr. Malkov Trescothick- Old Gravy
#13- Mr. Salazar Jack - Kahruvel Steamworks
#14- Mayor Shaunathan Sprocket
#15- Mr. Paul Churchill - Churchill Industries
#16- Mr. Paul Churchill - Churchill Industries
#17- Mr. Nym Eponym - SteamTravel
#19- Mr. Quine Mondrian - New Babbage Conservatoire
#20- Miss Eggberta Echegaray - The Willow Tea Room
#21- Mr. Lazlo Wombat - Xone Toys
#22- St. Bartholomew's Creeggan Detective Agency
#23- Miss Carricre Wind - The Shambles
#24- Mr. Solivar Scarborough - Second Thoughts in New Babbage
#25- Mr. Jules Whittlesea -
#26- Mr. Solivar Scarborough - Second Thoughts in New Babbage
#27- Miss Carricre Wind - Consortium of Stupendous Women
#28- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Undershaw Restoration Society
Curious readers may also wish to view Miss Ordinal Malaprop's map of
NEW BABBAGE REAL-ESTATE LISTINGS
If you are interested in acquiring a plot, please contact
Mayor Shaunathan Sprocket.
MAYOR STARTS NEW STEAMPUNK GROUP!
WAYWARD CHILDREN FLOOD INTO NEW BABBAGE
It has been observed by several New Babbagers that many homeless children appear to have migrated into our fine city. While the exact location of their refuge remains undisclosed, some children have hinted that they have come under the good graces and protection of a mysterious benefactor. Even having found a guardian, the children find themselves in harsh conditions, not enough food and toiling at occupations undesirable to most adults.
One child confided in this reporter that some of them are exploited as chimney sweeps, being of smaller frame than grown men and more suited to the task. Among them, at least some of the children suffer maltreatment, illness, and poverty, though it has been rumored that certain of their number have chosen life on the street merely to defy social expectations. It remains to be seen the influence such a population of underage vagrants will have on New Babbage. A call for charity is possibly in order.
EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR THE READER:
Editor in Chief: Mrs. Junie Ginsburg
Asst Editor: Miss Eggberta Echegaray
There are no errors that are in need of correction at this time. The New Babbage Cog is obliged to anyone who sends notification of a mistake, so that rectifications might be swiftly published.
The Second Life in world note card publication date, of this issue of The New Babbage Cog, and it's intellectual property, are owned by the contributors to the newspaper.
Copyright 2007 of the Common Era
The New Babbage Cog
~~ Relata Refero ~~